EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION by EARLY CHILDHOOD PROFESSIONALS Our program employs degreed professionals with extensive training and education specifically geared toward child development from birth through age 8 (along with CPR/First Aid certifications). Our dedicated educators use Keystone STARS standards to focus on more than literacy, writing, and the sciences. Our program also fosters family/community connections and active learning experiences. We combine a curriculum aligned with the Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards and a safe, stimulating environment to create meaningful experiences for your child each day that span from character development, to sports and exercise; from social/emotional growth, to age-appropriate technology and beyond. CREATING LIFE-LONG LEARNERS As a Keystone STARS facility, we design programs that help your child develop critical-thinking skills and intellectual curiosity – characteristics that promote successful learning in the kindergarten classroom and beyond. We strive to nurture growth in multiple aspects, and provide the tools to help each and every child achieve success in all dimensions of life.
- Everyday Math and Guided Reading curriculums
- Swim instruction
- Active schedule that includes outdoor play, music and movement, XRKade interactive fitness, and more
- Thematic, “hands-on” approach to learning
School-Age Child Care (SACC)
At the Ligonier Valley YMCA, we strive to offer an out-of-school time (OST) program that meets the needs of your family’s schedule while creating a safe, supportive, and engaging environment for your child.
- Before-school care beginning at 6:15 AM
- After-school care until 6:00 PM
- Extended program during school delays
- Full-day activities during snow days and scheduled school closings
- Bus transportation (provided by the local school district) for R.K. Mellon, Ligonier Valley Middle School, Holy Trinity, and the Valley School of Ligonier
- A safe escort to and from the bus
- Healthy snacks
- A positive environment to encourage constructive socialization, cooperative projects, physical activity, individual interests, and character development